Sushant Singh Rajput needed no introduction. The teleserial superstar was one of Bollywood’s most promising offering in the current times. We had all loved his screen performances, but his journey from being an engineering drop out to an A-lister in India’s most prolific industry was truly inspirational. The Pavitra Rishta actor‘s crossing is testimony that dreams do come true and that there is no substitute for hard work in this universe.
Binge-watch Pavitra Rishta on ZEE5 for free
With both commercial and critical claim under his belt, Sushant had made the best of both the worlds. After a dud, SSR jumped back into the league with Kedarnath opposite Sara Ali Khan. And the world knows it all! Even as the entire nation grieves the death of the actor, here are some lesser known facts about him.
1. Sushant Singh Rajput dropped out of Engineering to pursue acting.
If you thought Sushant was just a good-looking face, here’s some trivia for your – SSR had secured All India Rank – 7 in AIEEE and was pursuing Mechanical Engineering in Delhi College of Engineering (now DTU). However, when his passion for acting came calling, the actor dropped out in the last year of the course.
2. Born in Patna, Bihar on 21st January 1986, Sushant was the youngest of five siblings. He has four sisters. The mumma’s boy lost his mother when he was in 12th standard, and his social media updates are proof he missed her very dearly.
3. Sushant was a part of Shiamak Davar and Ashley Lobo’s troupe.
A student of renowned choreographer Shiamak Davar, Sushant had performed with various B-town bigwigs as a background dancer at awards shows.
4. Did you know SSR was a National Level Olympiad winner in Physics?
Besides acing the acting arena, Sushant had also championed academic and competitive examinations. He had cleared 11 engineering exams after his 12th std and wa a National Level Olympiad winner in Physics. *bows*
5. Sushant had been groomed by theatre thespians!
His love for acting took Sushant to Nadira Babbar’s theatre group and he even joined Barry John’s group to polish up his skills.
6. Sushant’s nickname was… While we are not sure about this one, apparently, SSR’s nickname was Guddu.
7. He loved Shah Rukh Khan!
Sushant’s favourite actors included Daniel Day Lewis, Ryan Gosling and Shah Rukh Khan. Now, you know?
8. How did he train for the role of Mahendra Singh Dhoni in MS Dhoni: The Untold Story?
For his role in Dhoni biopic, Rajput trained vigorously for one and a half year. In fact, he used to practice the former skipper’s famous helicopter shot ‘225 times in a day.’ Name this boy perfection already somebody!
9. Sushant owned a BWK bike and a Maserati.
His love for swanky wheels had often ended up in Sushant blowing a fortune to buy a new beast every time. He was the proud owner of a blue Maserati Quattroporte, a Land Rover Range Rover SUV and a BMW K 1300 R motorcycle.
10. Sushant had a piece of land on the moon registered under his name.
Having bought a piece of lunar land, Sushant became the first actor to achieve the feat. Except for that superstar, Shah Rukh Khan has been gifted land on Moon earlier.
11. The handsome actor had a flying license. Ticking off the first thing on his wish list, Sushant had recently announced on Instagram that he had got his flying license. Moreover, there was also a mention of buying a Boeing 737 beauty. (The post was later deleted)
Clearly, SSR was aiming for the Moon, the Sky, the Sun and the Stars – everything that’s out there to conquer, he only wanted to engrave his name on it. And we only wish the actor is now resting peace. While he is gone too soon, he will remain an inspiration for the lesser mortals like us to dream BIG.
How many of these facts did you know about Sushant? Tell us if there is more to add in the comments box below. Meanwhile, watch one his best movies Sonchiriya only on ZEE5.